One of our favorite appetizers is Hawaiian Meatballs. Through the years we’ve nibbled on meatballs made many different ways but this kind is the best. Each time I bring it to a party I get asked about it because the sauce is very unique.
These are perfect party snacks because they hold well in heat and as the night goes on the sauce gets thicker and yummierAs a matter of fact, when I make a plate of these I always like to scoop on a little extra sauce to dip the meatball in as I’m eating it.
- 3 pounds frozen Italian meatballs
- 1/2 teaspoons ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 5 tablespoons cornstarch
- 2/3 cup water
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 (15 ounce) can pineapple chunks
- 1 (15 ounce) can pineapple crushed
- Heat meatballs in pan, drain excess fat.
- In a small bowl, combine the cornstarch, ginger, salt, water, and soy sauce. Mix until smooth, then add brown sugar and both cans of pineapple. Pour into skillet with meatballs.
- Cook, stirring constantly, until mixture thickens and boils, about 5 minutes. Heat through. Best if simmered or heated in crock pot for 30-60 minutes.