I’m participating in a Summer Blog Hop with the girls from Omaha Bloggers. We’ve got lots of fun plans for the summer. If you’re looking for something to do check out our blogs!
There’s always a long list of places we want to go and things we want to see. Colten is completing his Sophomore year so I am beginning to feel like there is a countdown before he will be off doing his own thing which means we need to cram in more than usual whenever we get a chance.
Some of the places we usually go and things we see are
- Arnold’s Park- Amusement Park the kids love the Go-karts there!
- Okoboji while we are going to Arnold’s Park we like to stay in the area and go out to eat at one of the numerous restaurants in town.
- Henry Doorly Zoo it doesn’t matter how old we get, we all love the zoo!
- Brownville, NE last year was our first time going to the Brownville flea market and we had a great time.
- Strategic Air & Space Museum once several years ago and would love to go again.
- Iowa State Fair as well as the other local fairs we make it to.
- A winery tour. When we vacationed in Wisconsin Dells several years ago we toured Wollersheim Winery, it was so fun we have done several since while vacationing as a family.
- Taste of Omaha
Some of the things we’ve heard about and wanted to do but haven’t had a chance are
- Junkstock we love going to flea markets!
- Sioux City’s Big Parade
- Omaha Summer Arts Festival
- The Durham Museum
- Midtown Walking Food Tour
- Bob Kerrey Pedestrian Bridge I often see neat photos taken on this bridge and would like to walk across it sometime
If you’re ever short on fun ideas for the summer there are tons of cute printables and lists available to keep you on track.
Laura Winslow- 101 bits of summer fun
Mom’s Confession 100 Fun Ideas For Your Summer Bucket List
The Summertime Girls offers 50 Summer Bucket List Ideas that teens will enjoy
Check out some of the other summer plans from local bloggers
Bolton Carley’s Blue Jeans and Bologna’s Tips to Rock an Old-Skool Cool Summer 2014
Coolest Mommy’s Summer Fun For All Ages
Family Fun in Omaha’s Omaha Scavenger Hunt for Kids
Haute Bauble’s A 30-Something’s Guide to Omaha Boutique Shopping
LPO Beauty’s Beauty Products for Summer Travel
Midwest Mammas’ 15 Things to Do in Omaha Metro This Summer
Oh My Omaha’s Water Fun In Omaha For Every Budget
The Walking Tourists – Summer Reading – The Humming Bird Way Book Review/Giveaway